Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Shot Through the Heart and You're to Blame. You Give Love a Bad Name

Maybe there aren't as many funny headlines as I thought...

Anyway, there was a vicious interrogation of the vice-president in the liberal media today. Managing editor of Fox News, Brit Hume, gave Lord Vader an old-fashioned whuppin' in the toolshed this afternoon. Whatever. But this bit:

We'd taken a break at lunch -- go down under an old -- ancient oak tree there on the place, and have a barbecue. I had a beer at lunch. After lunch we take a break, go back to ranch headquarters. Then we took about an hour-long tour of ranch, with a ranch hand driving the vehicle, looking at game. We didn't go back into the field to hunt quail until about, oh, sometime after 3:00 p.m.
OK. Now, I'm not advocating drinking and driving or hunting or using heavy machinery -- it kills -- but ever, in the history of alcohol, has anyone who was drinking and found himself involved in an accident, ever said, "Yeah, I was totally plastered. What was I thinking getting behind the wheel?" or "...running the bandsaw?" or "...using the cider press?" Ever? Hell no! You say, "I had like one drink at the party, but that was like two hours before I left." It's the drunk driving code of honor!

I'm not saying there's any evidence, but from this guy, do I take him at his word and that's the end of it? June 20, 2005:
I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency.
Oh yeah, and in case you're wondering, HAL 9000 has some experience lying about being drunk. Yeah. Twice arrested for DWI. That means that probably a half dozen other times, the cops actually bought the whole "I only had one drink" dog and pony show.

No comments: