Monday, February 27, 2006

Fuck You Pay Me


War profiteering and price gouging isn't even close to a no-no in Bush's America. Halliburton may have screwed us out of millions, but we're (you and I) gonna pay 'em anyway:

The Army has decided to reimburse a Halliburton subsidiary for nearly all of its disputed costs on a $2.41 billion no-bid contract to deliver fuel and repair oil equipment in Iraq, even though the Pentagon's own auditors had identified more than $250 million in charges as potentially excessive or unjustified.
...

"the contractor is not required to perform perfectly to be entitled to reimbursement," said Rhonda James, a spokeswoman for the southwestern division of the United States Army Corps of Engineers...
Is that what "losing" $250 million is called? Imperfect performance? Shit. I gotta find a new job... So what is required of them, then? How badly would they have to fuck up for us to not pay them? If they took that $250 million and dropped it at a titty bar, would they still get it reimbursed? I should try this. I should take that new helicopter service to the airport instead of a cab for my next business trip. When I turn in my receipt and they ask me about it, I'll say, hey! That money's been spent, regardless of whether I did it within company policy. You gots to pay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is precisely why I work under the table at one of my jobs and don't claim a cent. Fascists.