Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Joe Wilson - American Hero

Ambassador Joseph Wilson (Valerie Plame, Niger, yellowcake) is interviewed in Daily Kos. Apparently, this Gannon fellow was part of the conspiracy that outed Valerie Plame. Joe's got some choice words for the Bush administration and the lazy, irresponsible mainstream media:

"I have no reason not to ensure that the truth is told and I am tired of the way in which the Republicans have smeared my family and myself for no reason other than to perpetuate their lies to the American people. I did not like fascists when I fought them as a diplomat for 23 years and I don't like them now in my own country."


"I think that in the absence of a responsible national media, the blogs play an important role in trying to shed light on various issues, including the bona fides of so-called White House correspondents as well as tackling questions overlooked or ignored by the national journalists. I also believe that the nature of the profession has changed to the detriment of good investigative journalism. No longer is there a quest for the truth so much as there is this apparent need to present both sides of an issue even if one is nothing but lies and distortions. Giving the same value to fiction as to fact in the interest of so-called fairness is to mislead the American people and the press has become party to that."


Nice. Read the whole thing, it's chock-full...

No comments: