Thursday, May 19, 2005

I'm a Big Boy, and I Can Testify All By Myself

This cracks me up. There's this business guy, right? All independent and so forth. He's called before a Senate hearing to testify about how we need to privatize Social Security. You'd expect him to be regurgitating all the White House talking points, I know. But when he submitted the MS Word file in advance, he forgot to turn the "track changes" off, and it turns out the White House was all over it making changes to his testimony.

I might not have even written about this. Compared to starting wars based on lies, this is small potatoes. But like a slap in the face, a spokesperson for the White House had to go and say this:

"This president has presided over one of the most ethical administrations in history and has made clear he does not believe that career employees should be doing political work,"
Wow! Do you ever wonder if you're watching a different movie than other people? Like, we went to the theater together but somehow he ended up in line for The Princess Diaries while I stumbled into A Clockwork Orange.

No comments: