Thursday, May 05, 2005

Do I Smell Some Integrity?

Things are getting strange in Washington. It makes me feel all out of sorts when I read about stuff like this.

Two Republican members of the House ethics committee who contributed to the legal defense fund of Representative Tom DeLay, the majority leader, recused themselves Wednesday from any potential investigation of him as the panel took the first steps that could lead to such an inquiry.
It's like my whole world is upside down. Two of the congressmen that DeLay specifically put on the committee to protect himself from ethics charges are stepping down because of obvious conflicts of interest? Black is white; up is down; cats and dogs living together; mass hysteria! It's like I can't feel the ground beneath my feet, I have a basic lack of comprehension of the world around me. DeLay associates with integrity... It gives me the SHIVERS.

No comments: