Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Tip Your Waiter and Try the Veal


Oh, that kooky Dubya. He’s breaking down comedic barriers Lenny Bruce style:

Q Mr. President, in Argentina, you will have a bilateral meeting with President Kirchner.

THE PRESIDENT: Si.

Q What I want to know -- sources of the government told me that they would ask you about more cooperation on support for Argentina, you know, in the IMF fund --

THE PRESIDENT: IMF.

Q Exactly.

THE PRESIDENT: Please don't tell me that the government leaks secrets about conversations to the --

Q Well, I have my sources in the government.

THE PRESIDENT: You do? Okay, well I'm not going to ask you who they are, of course. (Laughter.)

Q No, please.

THE PRESIDENT: Inside joke here, for my team.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Stop it, Mr. President! My sides are literally splitting!! Treason in the White House! HAHAHAHAHA! You so crazy!

Oh, but I have a little tip for you, Georgie. I haven’t spent my life making people laugh at me like you have, but well, here’s the thing. When something is on the front page of every paper in the United States and a guy has a press conference that was shown live on every news channel... Not so much an inside joke. Just a little constructive criticism. I love that you’re keepin’ it real though!

No comments: