President George W. Bush: *chomp* *chomp* "What they need to do is get Syria to get Hizbollah to stop doing this shit, and it’s over." *chomp* *chomp*
Lapdog Tony Blair: "Huh, huh... Yeah... Hmn huh huh..."
So, ignoring that Bush’s quote completely and totally exposes Bush’s ignorance and lack of curiosity in the midst of disaster (brought on by his own follies) in the Middle East as well as his baldfaced stupidity, I have a separate issue to discuss. I think he knew the mic was open.
That’s right. I think he did it on purpose. It’s exactly the sort of
shit thing Karl Rove likes to pull. Here’s what it accomplishes:
- Bush’s constituents (people who think Syria is a brand of pancake topping) think he’s engaged in the Middle East.
- The same constituents like the idea of Bush talking with his mouth full, swinging his dick around talking tough on terrorism.
- It allows him to comment on the issue without actually making an official statement.
- It places the blame on the A-rabs instead of Israel.
- It explains to his constituents (again) why he’s allowing all those innocent people to die without getting himself involved.
I just don’t think so. This was intentional. He just happens to be real stupid too. And he’s our figurehead president. I’m so proud to be American today.